Fistulotomy not working. - Fistula Support - IBD Support Group Forums - IBDsupport.org

Advertisement

Photo

Fistulotomy not working.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mel250

Mel250

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:10 PM

Advertisement

Hello Everyone,

I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to post! I keep trying and getting a message saying that I'm unable to post on this site. I'm going to try again. Thank you for reading on.

Here is a summary of what I've had done:

May 23rd: Fistulotomy with surgeon #1. Laid open a fistula that was low and intrasphincteric (sp?)

July 23rd: Had exploratory surgery with surgeon #2 because of incontinence, pain, ongoing pus seepage and MRI that showed the presence of a tract. Result: He said it had healed internally and externally. He couldn't see source of pus.

August 21st: Colonoscopy because of family history of polyps, Crohn's, and IBD. Results were all fine, including biopsies lower and higher up in intestine. No signs of difficulties with healing from fistulotomy despite ongoing presence of pus, tearing and blood and pain for 2 weeks if even slightest bit of constipation. 

Now: Ongoing difficulties every 3-4 weeks with a sense of pain and tearing inside, a bit of blood, and painful bowel movements, and general soreness inside when moving around after experiencing mild constipation/straining.

What do I do? I know there is a tract still inside based on the MRI. There's no internal or external sign from the naked eye that the fistula didn't heal. The second surgeon thought the tract was located somewhere different than the original one but couldn't tell for sure because he couldn't understand the first surgeon's notes re: location of the tract. Any advice will be appreciated. I'm worried that the tract will extend and end up somewhere it shouldn't be.

Advertisement

#2 Texan

Texan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Mel250 - I guess the 1st thing you should do is eat food that will not get you constipated. Drink lots of fluids. 

For treatment if there is a tract, you might want to go the route I went with Kshar Sutra. Unfortunately it is done only in India as far as I know but on the brighter side, it is not as tough as it sounds. You take a vacation, go to an exotic country and get treated while you recover. Private message me if you want more details on Kshar Sutra. There is no risk on incontinence and less chance (almost none) of recurrence with Kshar Sutra treatment of fistula

#3 naldridge

naldridge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

I'm having trouble posting too, and receiving the same message as you butttt it looks like you figured it out. Any idea what was causing the posting issue?

#4 DR. PRASAD BAPAT

DR. PRASAD BAPAT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:32 AM

Get more information about fistula cure  by Ayurvedic Kshar sutra treatment without surgery on http://www.omayurvedicclinic.com. 

See animated video about how Kshar sutra treatment can cure fistula in ano -

© Copyright 1995-2014 IBD Support All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here