1 reply to this topic

#1 AMI87

AMI87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:12 AM

Advertisement

Hi, new here and just looking for some advice.

I'm not sure if Im posting in the right section but basically I developed a perianal abscess and had it incised and drained on the 23rd of Aug. It came back a few days later so I had it drained again on the 29th. 

I was doing ok until the 5th when it started to get sore again and I ended up in hospital yesterday to have it drained again. 

The dr explained that the abscess had formed between two muscles so there was a pocket at the top a thinner part in the middle then a pocket at the bottom. The thinner part was healing before the top pocket which was causing it to return so whilst not a fistula, they fitted a seton wire to keep it open and allow it to heal fully. 

Im here as I am supposed to be going on holiday to the Dominican Republic on Thursday for a fortnight. The dr at the hospital said she thinks I would be fine to go but I was wondering if people who have experience with them thought it would be ok? 

I had never heard of them before waking up in the recovery room with one so have no idea what to expect. 

I will be speaking to my own dr tomorrow but any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks, 

Ami

Advertisement

#2 Texan

Texan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:35 PM

Ami - What did you find out after your appointment as mentioned in the last post?

I am having a medicated seton (Ayurvedic thread - Kshar Sutra) and it is clening/cutting through the tract. I am at the tail end of this thread and hoping it falls off soon. The pain has increased now as the thread is closer to the rectal ring and I think the nerves are now getting pinched.

© Copyright 1995-2014 IBD Support All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here