Short Survey of At-Home Injection Experiences, Your Input is Invaluable! - Research Studies - IBD Support Group Forums - IBDsupport.org

Advertisement

Photo

Short Survey of At-Home Injection Experiences, Your Input is Invaluable!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 IAAresearch

IAAresearch

Researcher

• Researchers
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

Advertisement

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]My name is Dan and I am a graduate student at San Jose State University, studying Human Factors and Ergonomics. I am currently running an anonymous survey study assessing the impact of injection device usability on patient acceptance and usage of injectable medication (found at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3SX5723).[/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"] I am doing this to demonstrate to pharmaceutical companies just how important it is for patients that an injection device is usable and user friendly. I plan on publishing my results so that awareness of this issue endures, spreads, and hopefully influences the design choices companies make when creating these devices.[/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]Have you experienced any type of issues or problems during the first few attempts at using an injection device at home, whether this applies to your current device/drug or some previous device/drug you were prescribed? I am interested in all forms of devices, such as: [/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]Prefilled Syringes, Syringe and vial combinations, Disposable Pens, Reusable pens, Disposable Auto-Injectors, Reusable Auto-Injectors, and Reconstitution kits [/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]If you ever experienced any of the following, please share your experiences with me through this survey.[/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]• I was too scared or intimidated by the device to perform the procedure.[/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]• I intentionally delayed starting treatment [/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]• I performed the procedure but with a lot of hesitation and difficulty, and I might have made some mistakes.[/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]• I made a mistake and did not receive my full dose (I lost some or all of the medication).[/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]• I could not figure out how to use the device and returned it to my health care provider or pharmacist.[/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]• I had to call my health care provider or pharmacist for help in order to complete the procedure.[/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]• I asked for additional training from my health care provider or pharmacist.[/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]• I took the drug less often than I was supposed to, or stopped using it because of the difficulty I had in using the device and performing the procedure.[/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]• I asked my doctor to switch to a different device/drug because of the difficulty I had in using the device and performing the procedure.[/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete, and for every survey completed I will donate $1 to either the Red Cross or The Humane Society (your choice). I hope you can contribute to this effort and help uncover and solve the difficulties experienced by patients when delivering their own drug therapy with a new device. [/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3SX5723[/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing about your experiences. It would be greatly appreciated if you would share this survey with any other qualifying people you know.[/font]

[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]Note: this survey is anonymous and no personal information is collected.[/font]

Advertisement

© Copyright 1995-2014 IBD Support All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here