I had Fistula fixed in India - Fistula Support - IBD Support Group Forums - IBDsupport.org

Advertisement

Photo

I had Fistula fixed in India

Ksharsutra India American Fistula

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Arkansas61

Arkansas61

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

Advertisement

Hello everybody,

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease at 25, and within two months lost 60 pounds, was near death, and then my Large Intestine perforated. I had a 3-stage "J-Pouch" procedure after the emergency removal of my large intestine, and then developed a Fistula, which I had for the next 14 years. I had four more surgeries to repair the Fistula, but they failed to resolve the issue. I am an American, living in California, and recently returned from my trip to India, where I underwent the Ayurvedic Ksharsutra therapy. The treament took 9 weeks, and now I am back home, free from Fistulas! I can hardly believe it's over. Getting to India was not nearly as difficult as I had thought it would be, and the trip truly changed my life in more ways than I could imagine. India is an exotic, untamed land, and full of amazing people and energy - a place I will NEVER forget. If anyone wants to know more about my trip and experience you can read a bit more about it here. I would love to share this incredible journey with you! It is so unbelievable to have my health and life back.

Advertisement

#2 Fistularia

Fistularia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

Hi Anthony,

I'm so very glad you posted your story here, with a link to your blog, because the story about kshar sutra needs to get out, it seems, if well performed, to be THE solution for fistula's.

I did see your video several months ago and found it very inspiring but since I didn't have serious complaints and was suffering from some other ailments I let it rest but now I'm stronger I really want to have this treatment to get rid of it for once and for all.

Your story is remarkable similar to mine (CU, toxic megacolon, ostomy, abcess, fistula, 4 op's), though I was given a bit longer to 'enjoy' my J-pouch before trouble started.

The surgeons I spoke to last several weeks aren't particular eager to get into it (doctors in the Netherlands, where I am, are rather conservative) but I found out that there are 2 surgeons in Europe who perform kshar sutra, one in Germany and one in Austria, which I am happy about because I'm not much of a traveller.

What I'm curious about is: was the treatment very painfull? How long was your fistula tract? Did you receive some kind of anesthesia with every thread change? Do you think it will be possible for me to drive home after the thread changes? (4 hour drive)

I hope you can help me out on this, fighting this disease is a lonely journey, especially if you get of the conventional track.

Many thanks in advance!

#3 Anabia123

Anabia123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

I've had 3 fistulotomies over the past 2 years and did not have incontinence issues. I had a fistulectomy 2 weeks ago and still healing. During this healing I've experienced gas leakage and loose stool leakage. 

Get free demos for 400-101 free exam questions - braindumps.com exam and mcts exam with 100% guaranteed success. Our best quality Isaca prepares you well before appearing in the final exams of wiki pedia .

#4 earthshine

earthshine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:49 AM

Hi Anthony,

I'm so very glad you posted your story here, with a link to your blog, because the story about kshar sutra needs to get out, it seems, if well performed, to be THE solution for fistula's.

I did see your video several months ago and found it very inspiring but since I didn't have serious complaints and was suffering from some other ailments I let it rest but now I'm stronger I really want to have this treatment to get rid of it for once and for all.

Your story is remarkable similar to mine (CU, toxic megacolon, ostomy, abcess, fistula, 4 op's), though I was given a bit longer to 'enjoy' my J-pouch before trouble started.

The surgeons I spoke to last several weeks aren't particular eager to get into it (doctors in the Netherlands, where I am, are rather conservative) but I found out that there are 2 surgeons in Europe who perform kshar sutra, one in Germany and one in Austria, which I am happy about because I'm not much of a traveller.

What I'm curious about is: was the treatment very painfull? How long was your fistula tract? Did you receive some kind of anesthesia with every thread change? Do you think it will be possible for me to drive home after the thread changes? (4 hour drive)

I hope you can help me out on this, fighting this disease is a lonely journey, especially if you get of the conventional track.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi! I was curious if you have any update, and whether you tried the kshara sutra method

I am apprehensive about going to india for this treatment, as I have irritable bowel issues which began the last time i went. 

would you mind sharing the doctors names you know who practice this in europe?

i live in US, so far am unable to find someone local who practices this procedure, but would be grateful to find someone!

i am confused about whether kshar sutra method can cause incontinence? I have read conflicting info online. anyone know?

thank you

#5 Fistularia

Fistularia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:23 AM

Hi Earthshine, I didn't get to it yet, and, coincidence or not, since yesterday I unfortunately again have an abscess developing:-(, so i was already planning to get back to this forum to see if there were any updates.

Unfortunately the German doctor retired, so only the Austrian one is left in Europe as far as I know, see www.mathewpraxis.com/en/ayurveda-medical-practice/treatments.html

On the website it says it takes 1-3 weeks on average to heal the fistula, but i guess it depends a lot on the length of the fistula; it possibly could take more time.

The location of his clinic is rather nice; a top tourist destination in a country where everything is very clean. As far as I know he performs the procedure in a nearby hospital.

I did a lot of research last year  and I couldn't find any case of incontinence as a result of kshar sutra, only shortly after the procedure, which solved itself after a few weeks.

If I had the money I would call next monday and get myself treated a.s.a.p., but at the moment I'm sort of broke due to chronic fatigue so I will try to fix it the same way I did with my last abscess: a lot of sit-baths and alternate cooling and heating, accompanied by taking Chinese herbs. The abscess popped after two or three weeks, resulted in a fistula, which next healed and disappeared for 1,5 years.

If you decide to go to Austria please keep us updated, it would be great to hear a first hand experience, to know if it is worth it to save up enough money for a trip to Austria.

Good luck.

#6 earthshine

earthshine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:53 PM

Hi Fistularia,
I am reaching out to the drs in India as well as Austria. How are you?

#7 DR. PRASAD BAPAT

DR. PRASAD BAPAT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:41 AM

Get more information about fistula cure  by Ayurvedic Kshar sutra treatment without surgery on http://www.omayurvedicclinic.com. 

See animated video about how Kshar sutra treatment can cure fistula in ano -

#8 DR. PRASAD BAPAT

DR. PRASAD BAPAT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:54 AM

Get more information about fistula cure  by Ayurvedic Kshar sutra treatment without surgery on http://www.omayurvedicclinic.com. 

See animated video about how Kshar sutra treatment can cure fistula in ano -

© Copyright 1995-2014 IBD Support All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here