Crohn's with constipation? - General IBD Discussion - IBD Support Group Forums - IBDsupport.org

Advertisement

Photo

Crohn's with constipation?

crohns prep constipation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JenS

JenS

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

Advertisement

Hello all!  It's been years since I have been on this site.  When I was really sick (2000-2005) I used to be here daily.  I had diarrhea, bleeding and lower right pain for many years. 

But After having two kids, I had NINE years of no Crohn's symptoms.  I did have some GERD/reflux issues and an upper scope showed minor irritation.

So fast forward to this year, since May my blood work has shown I was anemic.  And two weeks ago, an stool test showed blood unsure.png   I didn't even know I was bleeding.  It's hidden in there.  I also had upper right pain and sonogram ruled out gallbladder.

So, tomorrow is my colonoscopy (ugh #7 for me - but first time using the Miralax/Gatorade prep). ohmy.png Yes, I am typing as I prep.  tongue.png

My GI thinks my Crohn's may be back.  But funny thing, I have been constipated for over a year!  I thought Crohn's was mainly diarrhea.  Anyone here have IBD-C???  I'd love to chat more! Thanks.

Advertisement

#2 Jeffrey Roberts

Jeffrey Roberts

Member #1 Founder

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hi JenS,

Sorry you are back here. :(

How was the prep for the colonoscopy and what did they find out?

If there are any strictures (narrowing) then I believe IBD-C is a possibility.

Jeff

#3 JenS

JenS

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

The prep itself was easy.  Tasted much better than others, but I find it doesn't "clean" as well as others.  I still had "yellow liquid" when done and never "Clear".

The colonoscopy showed everything looking GREAT, no polyps, no bleeding.

So next step is the camera pill.

© Copyright 1995-2014 IBD Support All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here