Colonic Inertia - General IBD Discussion - IBD Support Group Forums - IBDsupport.org

Advertisement

Photo

Colonic Inertia

Constipation Stitz Marker Study Straining

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cool_colectomy

cool_colectomy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Advertisement

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#4b0082;]Ok, here I GO! lol[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#4b0082;]Im a 26 year old, pretty athletic female, I stand 5'8 and 187lbs (muscle) Posted Image. I work out, ummm eat ok lol and dance so you can say im pretty healthy. Well in college I started noticing constipation been happening frequently (this was in 2005). I just figured it was because of stress and school. For the rest of the 4 years in school I struggled with constipation, sometimes it wasnt as bad than other times but it was still constipation. Well I began to get very sick and got impacted a few times..yea ahhh had to drive myself to emergency room and then when i got there i got no medical attention, so i went to a drug store and got a fleets enema and took care of myself Posted Image[/color][/font] ....I was fed up and I started to see gastroenterology doctors...ok the first 2 gave me colonscopy and to take miralax...no it didnt work..next do at Temple use many different and found out that i have an overgrowth of bacteria in small intestines and low in B12...so he prescribed an antibiotic and b12 vitamins....umm nothing changed lol...well then i had a stitz marker study where u swallow radio active markers and get an x ray after 5 days....well since im chronically constipated all 28 markers where in my colon....ok....now i went to another GI doc he prescribed me to meds amitiza and anther one i cant remember Posted Image ....neither of them worked....now ind u this is over a span of months and years ok and by this time depression kicked in, horrible acne, bloating, weigh gain, sick, just overall gross. So my last GI told me to go get a barium and enema...then funny thing is im the one who asked if i can get one...wtf...anyway i went and got it done and omg...the worst most uncomfortable thing ever!!! and i had four colonics!!!! anyhoo....the GI seen the pics (which was so cool) but he says "its just one portion of the colon affect (volvulus) twisted loopy extra long section colon. I said ok what now....he refers me to a colon rectal doc...and little did I know he will answers...well I went to my first appointment and he looked a my barium enema pis and said u have colonic inertia meaning it dont move lol...no peristalsis no contractions nothing useless...he knew this because the locations of stitz markers and just the overall look of my colon....he says well all i cant say is remove it!   UMMMMM im 26!!! WILL I HAVE A BAG, CAN I HAVE KIDS, WILL I LOOK MALNOURISHED!! lol i was askin all kind f questions. Ultimately he was known for being the best of the best so within a week I made the tough decision to go forward...he said eventually i will have to get it removed and abusing laxatives (dulcolax) wasnt the answer...I had surgery aug 28 f this year and so far so good...he attached my small intestines to a part of my sigmoid colon...im still healing of course but i fell o much better, ance clearing up, i lost 10 pounds, the scarring ugly but it will look ok in due time. It was done lapro..so just 2 little holes and one kinda long incision to pull colon through underneath my belly button. Recovery in he hospital was miserable...foley, ng tube, constant shots, ivs no food, but it was all worht it...im walkin, smiling and eatin normal just smaller portions...i still have alot of healing to get through but im optimistic...i took control of my life and left my fear behind me..if u rely on laxatives..and otc's dont work, prescribed med, homeopathic, dietary changes, etc then u need further attention.....i didnt need a bag because my rectum and anus workd fine and docs knew that because i had an anal manometry test to check how y muscles work down there...i had but all my sigmoid colon removed..lol he saved a lil for me..i had diarrhea after surgery but im eating again and its startin to form!!!!!

Thank U

ASK ME ANYTHING!!!Posted Image 

Advertisement

#2 Suziqt2631

Suziqt2631

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:45 AM

Thank you for sharing, I'm also fed up...I have colonic and rectal inertia which means I cannot evacuate with anything other than an enema which is awful. I have gone through many test, biopsies normal but my rectum does not contract.
Laxatives do not work anymore. I'm waiting on my surgery date to have my colon removed. I did have ulcerative colitis 10 years ago but have been in remission ever since. It's the opposite now. Can't go! It is misery and can't wait to feel healthy again.
Thanks again
Suzi

#3 patrickibs

patrickibs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:42 PM

Thank you for sharing, I'm also fed up...I have colonic and rectal inertia which means I cannot evacuate with anything other than an enema which is awful. I have gone through many test, biopsies normal but my rectum does not contract.
Laxatives do not work anymore. I'm waiting on my surgery date to have my colon removed. I did have ulcerative colitis 10 years ago but have been in remission ever since. It's the opposite now. Can't go! It is misery and can't wait to feel healthy again.
Thanks again
S

i too have colonic inertia ,enemas are the only way i can have a BM

#4 sadin

sadin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:41 PM

https://www.g-pact.org/colonic-inertia

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Constipation, Stitz Marker Study Straining

© Copyright 1995-2014 IBD Support All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here