Health-Related Quality of Life in Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Research Studies - IBD Support Group Forums - IBDsupport.org

Advertisement

Photo

Health-Related Quality of Life in Inflammatory Bowel Disease

Crohns Colitis IBD

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AronKatz

AronKatz

Researcher

• Researchers
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Advertisement

Health-Related Quality of Life in Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.

Adults with a diagnosis of Crohn’s Disease or Ulcerative Colitis and who are 18 years of age or older are invited to participate in a study examining health related quality of life in inflammatory bowel disease.  By answering a series of brief questionnaires, you will be contributing to research efforts in understanding how to prevent unnecessary distress and improve subjective quality of life for people living with IBD.  Participation will involve completion of an online survey and will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.  In addition to our sincere gratitude, eligible participants will have the option of a $3 Amazon.com credit, or a $3 donation to the CCFA on your behalf.

The present study is being conducted as part of a doctoral dissertation in counseling psychology at the University of Memphis, College of Education Health and Human Sciences.  The person in charge of this study is Aron Katz, under the supervision of Douglas Strohmer, Ph.D., chair of the department of Counseling Education Psychology and Research.

Please visit the study website at: https://sites.google...archstudy/site/ to read more information and take the survey online.  Regular updates on study progress will be posted to https://www.facebook...DResearchStudy.  Questions about the research project may be directed to [email protected] and will be answered as quickly as possible.

Advertisement

#2 AronKatz

AronKatz

Researcher

• Researchers
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

We're almost up to the recruitment goal, but are still very short on men with IBD and both men and women with UC.  If you haven't already, please visit the study website and encourage others with IBD to participate!  I couldn't do this without your help--Thank You!!

#3 AmelyGrimes

AmelyGrimes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:41 AM

[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:tahoma, arial, '宋体', sans-serif;font-size:16px;text-align:justify;]Curcumin, the active ingredient found in the spice turmeric, helps ease inflammation by blocking the effects of two enzymes in the body which lead to inflammation. The two enzymes, 5-lipoxygenase and cyclooxygenase-2, have been found to encourage and sustain swelling and inflammation in body tissues and organs. Blocking the enzymes helps reduce pain and the risk of other medical conditions that may develop as a result of prolonged inflammation.[/color]

#4 j121walker

j121walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:26 AM

Indigestion is a major problem among youngsters that leads to inflammation bowel disease. A healthy diet and regular exercises plays a key role to reduce the risk of bowel diseases. Know about digestion and how to reduce bowel diseases. 

#5 williamdavid413

williamdavid413

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:33 AM

Heart doubtlessly is one most critical organ of the body. As its capacity is to pump blood, you can't walk or do a little effort without it pumping appropriately. Corpulence, in any case, has an exceptionally negative impact on your heart wellbeing and prompts issues because of elevated cholesterol that gets kept in your veins. [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Montserrat, sans-serif;]MAINTAIN PERSONAL HYGIENE[/color]

#6 Unicorn

Unicorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:02 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]Hello all! I'ma 10 year veteran of Crohn's Disease. I just want to share with you some really rad info. My mom became aware of the cutting edge info out there on Crohn's right now after attending a medical conference in Philadelphia, and I am soooooo happy she did. My friends, Crohn's has been proven to be an infectious disease- NOT auto-immune. Science has known this for a very long time. Hell, Dr. Crohn's knew this way back when, he just simply couldn't prove it. CD is a bacterium called MAP (mycobacterium parataburculosis). It can absolutely be treated- if not cured. CHeck out this eBook on Amazon- "Wake up to the Truth Behind Crohns Disease." For $10 it will change your whole life. Written by an alternative doctor. TONS of scientific research, proof, data, resources and the history of how this epidemic came to be and why its growing at an insane rate. Turns out other countries are well aware of the true nature of CD- the US wants to keep the truth hidden because of pharmaceutical sales. There is currently a vaccine underway and there are now 2 organizations that test Crohn's patients for this bacterium. Anyway, when I began treating my disease like an infection, I finally got better and eventually got OFF the toxic drugs. I hate reading all these posts of people still suffering. read the book. You will never see your illness the same again. You can get better[/color]

#7 johnwalker

johnwalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:32 AM

Indigestion is mainly linked with the inflammatory Bowel disease. It is necessary to always choose health foods which increase the digestion and metabolic rate of the body. Including healthy diet and you need to spend few hours daily in the gym. Exercising daily will help you to improve digestion.  

© Copyright 1995-2014 IBD Support All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here