Hello Fellow IBD Members!
I was diagnosed with Crohn's November 2011 even though I had symptoms before (and my doctor dismissed them twice).
The good thing is I live a great life and am here to share any insight/experience with this community.
The only medicatoin I took was flagyl for about 1 month after diagnosis to get rid of all the bacteria.
After that I have gone through a lot of natural treatments:
- Chinese tea's (yes the worst tasting things in the world)
- I have worked with 2 naturopaths
- Isopathy (pill form treatments)
- Yoga/exercise programs designed for Digestive system healing
- Quantum Medicine/Energy Healing (I did this recently in Europe as it was much cheaper, and it was really a great and awesome experience)
- Different 30-day challenges with regards to diet (Break the viscous cycle, paleo etc. etc.) --> I have always been active in health and fitness, so I knew a lot about nutrition beforehand which helped tremendously.
- Sought out the best supplements (although I don't believe in most of them other then fish oil + probiotics)
- Consulted with 3 of the best doctor's with regards to Crohn's In Toronto
Just so you have an overview of the things I have gone through, here is a list:
1. Developed narrowing where the small intestines meets the large(colon).
2. Peri-anal fistula (which I cured within 1 week - if you have this problem don't hesitate to ask how )
3. I had 5 hospital visits due to overeating. Basically because of the narrowing , when I would overeat, The food got stuck and I had to throw up. The problem was my intestines kept having spasms so my body kept trying to make me throw up even though there was nothing there. This led to extreme exhaustion.
4. Finished my last year of University while in the worst shape of my life and at the time,the disease was most active, and working 30 hours a week (if anyone is in a similar situation, again I am glad to lend some helping tips)
5. Sometimes got shivers, felt cold and I lost 35 pounds!
Alright I think that sums it up for now!
If you guys have any questions or would like me to talk more about certain experiences I have gone through, I will be more than happy to do so (Just post a comment below and I will get right on it)