Crohns? Small bowel loops? what does this mean? - General IBD Discussion - IBD Support Group Forums - IBDsupport.org

Advertisement

Photo

Crohns? Small bowel loops? what does this mean?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 darlinh

darlinh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Advertisement

I am 47 and have had stomach issue throughout my entire life. I was told 10 years ago after a colonoscopy that i had diverticulitus, gastritis, gerd,colitis, polyps, severe IBS. Since then things have become worse (yes even worse!) I didn't have medical coverage until recently. I had a colonoscopy again with all the same results but an added Ileitis. Which I read was a form of Crohns, my doc called in a script for Pentasa, which my coverage denied and my doc is in the process of over riding. I was sent for a small bowel series today. I tech showed me that I have large loops and need to take meds immediately. What does this all mean. I can never get my doc on the phone, only the nurse who is clueless. Do I have Crohns, how is it treated, what about the loops? Do I need surgery? I have constant D- so obviously thing are moving thru. Is there a cure. Will I ever be able to function normally, WORK AGAIN? Someone please give me some information as it seems that lately I am fighting for medical treatment.

Thank you

D

Advertisement

© Copyright 1995-2014 IBD Support All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here