AnswersIn Crohn's Disease
Released: Jan 15, 2010
Size: 165 MB
Seller: Answers In Medicine Ltd
© 2010 AnswersIn Medicine Ltd
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later
The AnswersIn Medicine Crohn's Disease module contains 1hr 20mins of high quality videos on the topic from Professor Owen Epstein, a leading specialist in the condition.
Each video covers an aspect of the condition delivered as an engaging interview and accompanied by illustrations and animations:
- Introduction (14m 05s) - General introduction to the condition and current theories on the cause
- Clinical Features (12m 02s) - A comprehensive overview of the symptoms and examinations findings in Crohn's disease
- Investigations (8m 40s) - The role of blood tests, imaging and colonoscopy in investigating the condition
- Management (15m 34s) - The role of diet and drugs in managing the condition
- Further management (9m 42s) - Maintaining remission and the use of biological agents
- Surgery (8m 29s) - The role of surgical treatment in managing Crohn's disease including strictures and fistulas
- Perianal disease (10m 49s) - Perianal manifestations of Crohn's disease and its management
In addition to the videos, each section is accompanied by bullet point text summaries which provide an at a glance overview of each topic.